St. Shio’s Monastery, locally called as Shio’s Marani is located on the left bank of River Turdo between current villages of Ruispiri and Ikalto in historical village of Artozani

(This is how monk Mikheil Khelidze mentions it in the magazine ‘Iveria’ N90, 1888) which has disappeared by now. St. Shio’s Church is the only building currently remaining from the monastery complex. Other structures are reduced to almost foundation levels. St Shio’s Church is a single nave brick construction with octagonal apce toward the East. There are entrances from the Southern and Western parts